Phone: +1 516 238 7716
Fax: + 1 917 634 3035
Robert Plosky’s practice is focused on civil litigation in federal and state trial and appellate courts. Mr. Plosky has spent much of his legal career prosecuting complex securities and commercial class actions. His efforts have helped recover hundreds of millions of dollars for aggrieved investors and consumers. Mr. Plosky also advises small businesses and professionals in legal disputes with competitors, customers, and employees.
Mr. Plosky has been selected to Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” for securities litigation and business litigation since 2014. He serves as the principal of his own law firm and as of counsel to Moore Kuehn, with whom he regularly consults on legal matters.
- Recovered $300 million for mortgage-backed securities investors alleging federal securities law violations; $40 million for shareholders alleging breaches of fiduciary duty in connection with corporate mergers; and $25 million for investors alleging securities fraud by companies issuing false financial statements.
- Secured $300,000 settlement for business in dispute with former employees; $100,000 judgment for medical practice in action against former patient; and $50,000 settlement for business in dispute with former customer.
- Defended client accused of tortious interference with contract and defamation in federal jury trial.
- Won state court appeal reversing trial court’s order against small business client.
- New York State
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2006
- Tufts University, B.A., Economics, 2002
- Kirschenbaum & Kirschenbaum, P.C.
- Wolf Popper LLP
- District of Columbia Superior Court
- Law Clerk, Senior Judges, 2006-2007